What Behavior Should You Monitor Through A Spy Cam?
Installing a spy camera in your child’s room is a tricky decision to take. As a parent, you are responsible for your child’s safety and future. If your child indulges in undesirable behavior, then it can ruin his/her future. You have a responsibility of monitoring your child to ensure they don’t do anything that puts their health/future at risk. At the same time, you also need to give your child sufficient privacy. This can put you in confusion. Ultimately, the decision is yours. Based on your understanding of your child’s behavior, you need to make a decision.
Parents who use spy cameras need not use it to check on the child 24/7. This is a violation of the child’s privacy. If the child finds out, it can make the child distrust the parent. It can spoil the relation. If you use a nanny cam, you should use it only to monitor certain types of behavior.
What to monitor?
If you believe that your children are at risk or are indulging in undesirable behavior, you can install nanny cams in their rooms. This is a camera that is hidden and not easy to spot. You can use the camera to keep an eye on what your child is doing. You should ideally use the camera to check if your child is engaged in any of the following behavior:
- Smoking or using tobacco products secretly.
- If the child is using alcohol without your knowledge, then you need to know this.
- Taking drugs is a serious problem. Not only does it affect your child’s health but it is illegal. Your child can be led astray if he/she starts using drugs. You can use the camera to keep an eye on your child to find out if they are using drugs and to see where they are storing it.
- Children may indulge in illegal behavior or a criminal activity unknowingly. This can affect their future and as a parent, it is your duty to ensure this doesn’t happen.
- Children may be engaging with undesirable people online. Having a camera in the right position can help you find out if this is happening.
Monitor and act
For your child’s safety, you can use a spy cam to monitor the child’s behavior. If you find your suspicion is true, have a heart-to-heart talk with your child. Make him/her understand the implications of the action and counsel him/her to change the behavior.